10.14.2008

U.S. Soldier Needs Help to Bring Dog Home


Sgt. Gwen Beberg, a decorated soldier, befriended a homeless puppy she named Ratchet while serving in Iraq, and wants to bring Ratchet home this month. But the U.S. military takes a strict line with soldiers befriending animals, and confiscated Ratchet as Sgt. Beberg prepared to fly home from Baghdad Airport. The military may kill Ratchet instead of releasing him to fly to the U.S.

Operation Baghdad Pups, a program run by SPCA International, which has the motto 'No buddy gets left behind', is pleading with the U.S. Army to allow Ratchet to fly out of the country - amid fears the dog will die if left behind.

Ratchet is at Camp Striker in Iraq, 15 other dogs were allowed to leave with Baghdad Pups on the flight Ratchet was supposed to be on. The base's commanding officers seized Ratchet on his way to the airport. Ratchet has had his necessary vaccinations and is HEALTHY. Ratchet needs a military release because the military is refusing to let him leave Iraq.

Please sign the petition to help Ratchet.
Donate to Baghdad Pups.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, this really blew me away! I can't believe how much I see my own dog in this one, and how sad it makes me. Good thing I couldn't find a link to donate, I likely would have sent a hundred grand I don't have to fly the dog home, along with as many soldiers as possible!

I like the new template, btw. :)